You can use GoClear at any point of the winemaking process, as long as you've racked your wine at least once.
Here's how to:
1. Cold crash your wine, then rack it at least one time.
2. Take it out of the fridge, and add the little packet of kieselsol.
3. Put the airlock and stopper back on, and leave your wine out at room temp for one hour.
4. Add the little packet of chitosan, and then put just the hole-punched lid of the airlock (or a loosely-fitted cap) back on.
5. Move your wine to the fridge (make sure the cap is on loosely!)
6. Keep your wine in the fridge for 24 to 48 hours. You'll start to see more sediment fall to the bottom of your jug.
7. Once a good amount of sediment has fallen to the bottom, rack your wine again (pouring it slowly off of the sludge on the bottom into another container).
8. Have a glass! Or, return your wine to the fridge with a loose cap to let it age.
Article is closed for comments.